- March Newsletter
- February Newsletter Todd reviews the G7 Ultralight Capo and some picks; Tom gives some history of the harmonica; Tomy reviews the Song Circle event.
- January Newsletter Stephen Darnell is featured. Todd reviews the G7 Capo; Tom remembers the TV show “Hootenanny.” Also photos from the Christmas Show at Frederick Coffee Company.
Click on the links below to see previous newsletters.
- January– F.A.M.E. Holiday Show at FSK Mall – Christmas Show at Frederick Coffee Co. – Effects of humidity on people and musical instruments – Folklore history: Richie Havens
- February– Comparison of Taylor vs Martin guitars. – Meet song circle fan Dorothea Mordan – Folklore history: singer/songwriter Tom Paxton
- March– Five year anniversary of Traditional Folk Song Circle – Folklore history: The Dubliners – Review of guitar picks – F.A.M.E. lecture series
- April– Lecture series begins with “Music Between the Wars: the Revolution to the Civil War” – reviews of guitar picks – Featured Artist — Tony Denikos
- May– Outreach touches elementary school – Featured Artist Teporah Bilezikian – Habitat ReStore Grand Opening
- June– Spotlight on member Joe Ginorio – Acoustic music on the radio – Monday Songwriters’ Showcase 10th anniversary
- July – 60’s & 70s California Music scene – “Recycling” guitar strings – Thalia guitar picks – spotlight on Frank Davis
- August– California Dreamin’ Concert – the real Casey Jones – Oasis Guitar Sleeve
- September– Hygrometers and Relative Humidity – Dueling Banjos music trivia – Frederick County Public Schools’Arts Integration Workshop
- October– 2017 Annual Picnic Pics – Song Circle at Homewood – Open Mics: Photos and Details
- November– Spotlight on Dan Webb – folklorist: Janis Ian – October 13th Sky Stage open mic pics
- December –
Click on the links below to see 2016 newsletters.
- December– F.A.M.E. Holiday Show – Comfortable Concerts with Safe Harbor, Lark Rize, T. Edwin Doss and Dave Weiner – Hill Chapel Concert with Cello-Bellow – the golden years of novelty songs
- November– New format for Sunday Songwriters – Spotlight on singer/songwriter Max Honn – Learn about the bass ukulele
- October– “100 Years of Acoustic Music” concert at FCC
- September– read about some exciting new performance spaces!
- August– spotlight on Dori Balin who welcomes us at the Traditional Folk Song Circle at Dublin Roasters
- July– learn about the Sound System Set workshop that was conducted by Todd Walker at Make N Music
- June– 23rd Frederick Festival of the Arts
- May– F.A.M.E. performers dominate music program at the first annual outdoor festival May 7 & 8 in historic Catoctin Furnace.
- April– our “Frederick Folklorist” column gives interesting details about Joan Baez who performed at the Weinberg Center this month
- March– F.A.M.E.’s debut concert event: Celebration of Acoustic Music
- February– read about Steve Goodman who wrote the song “City of New Orleans”
- January– Includes a review of F.A.M.E.’s many 2015 activities